ICDL - International Computer Driving Licence
ICDL (International Computer Driving Licence) is a training course in the use of computer tools according to international standards. It enables the use of information and communication technologies to be mastered by a broad and varied public through the development, promotion and deployment of quality certification programmes throughout the world.
150 countries around the world have adopted ICDL training and certification. About 9 million people have been certified ICDL. 20,000 test centers are located around the world.
ICDL offers many benefits to its owners, to the companies that employ these owners and to the community as a whole:
– ICDL increases employee and company productivity and improves the quality of work produced.
– ICDL reduces lost time and therefore costs.
– ICDL provides a better return on investment in information technology – The company becomes more computerized and more inclined to adapt to change – The company becomes less bureaucratic – The consolidation and analysis of data becomes much more efficient.
ICDL certification provides an objective measure and a consistent reference of the individual’s competence to master IT.
A study showed that a worker spends about 2 hours and 51 minutes each week solving computer usage problems. That is 136 hours per year and per person. An estimated wasted working time of 850 000 € for an SME of 200 people. This lost time mainly concerns problems with word processing, spreadsheets, database management, communication projection and Internet use.
We recommend three ICDL profiles – Basic, Standard and Advanced – each represent a different level of digital competence, and proof of the level of competence you have.
– Essentials of the computer: skills related to the use of devices, file creation and management, networks and data security.
– Essentials of the Internet: skills and concepts related to web browsing, effective information retrieval, communication and e-mail.
– Essentials of the Internet: skills and concepts related to web browsing, effective information retrieval, communication and e-mail. Word processing: the skills that allow you to perform tasks related to the creation, formatting and preparation of documents such as letters, CVs and others.
– Spreadsheets: the skills to perform tasks related to the development, formatting, modification and use of spreadsheets, the use of formulas and functions and the creation of graphics.
– Presentations: Create a professional presentation. Perform tasks such as: creating, formatting, modifying and preparing presentations using different layouts for display and print distribution.
– Using databases : Effective use of databases. Define the main database concept and demonstrate the ability to use a database application: create and modify tables, queries, forms and reports and prepare outputs ready for distribution. Learning to link tables and extract and manipulate information from a database using queries and sorting tools.
– Computer security : Learning to protect the data of you and your organization and be secure, including the security of using social media. Image editing – Acquiring the skills and knowledge to use a variety of programs to manipulate images and prepare an image for printing or publishing on the Internet.
– Project management : Learning to use project management software to prepare plans and monitor projects including planning and time management, costs, tasks and resources.
Web Publishing – Allows you to understand network modification and publishing concepts, and to develop, create, download and maintain a static website.
Online collaboration : Develop concepts and skills related to the installation and use of online collaboration tools, calendars, social media, online meetings, learning environments, mobile phone technology and cloud computing.
– Computer Aided Design (CAD) : Provide skills to create and manipulate projects or draw two-dimensional elements. Learn how to modify object properties and print or plot outputs.
– Advanced word processing: Use the advanced features of word processing software to improve your work, improve productivity, and save time. Perfect for the workplace.
– Advanced spreadsheets: Improve your skills to become an expert. Take full advantage of the potential of spreadsheet applications to produce the highest quality information management. Perfect for work roles that require advanced calculations.
– Advanced database: Use the advanced tools available in database software to manage, organize and represent structured information, valuable skills in different work roles.
– Advanced presentations: A very essential tool for anyone who wants to create effective presentations using advanced features of presentation software.
ICDL exam dates - 2019
The dates for this year’s ICDL exam are as follows:
Registrations before April 10th
Registrations before June 12
Registrations before August 14th
Registrations before October 09
Registrations before December 11
Candidates for the different levels can register directly on site at the CFT Hammamet. Or online using the registration form. (In this case the registration will only be taken into account after the payment of the fees by bank transfer).